Sunday, September 6, 2009

Driving home


WOW! I thought that the TdG was supposed to be tough. Try driving from J-ville, NC to Slidell, LA in one day, alone. Then driving from LA to Cibolo, TX two days later. The drive to LA took me 14 hours. I'm sure that it would have taken much longer had I not been by myself(so maybe I shouldn't complain). the biggest problem was boredom. Just driving and listening to the radio and driving and listening and driving and . . . you get it.
But at least I got to stop at my moms and get some down home cookin'. Wayne made Dirty Rice w/ sausage and ground beef on Friday and I went to dinner w/ Greg, Michelle and Hannah and had Red Beans & Rice with Catfish fillets. An odd combination but GOOD none-the-less. But, I had to sleep on the couch and that hurt my lower back some
The Saturday I drove from LA to Cibolo. Not as long, but still a long enough drive
with a sore back. It's good to be home, but it was relaxing being away from the stress here.
-David

No comments: